Saturday, December 20, 2014

22 WEEKS



Best Moment: I got to see you for a few seconds this week during my cervical check.  We listened and measured your heartbeat.  My cervix is still measuring how it should, so that is good!

Baby News: You are starting to look like a mini newborn! You have lips, eyelids, eyebrows and you are even forming tiny tooth buds under your gums (after going through this teething business with your sister, I hope all your teeth come in before you're born!).  You are so close to being the length of a ruler and weighing one pound!

Symptoms: The acid reflux/heartburn has started.  Ugh it isn't too bad yet, mostly just annoying, but I am worried that it is already here.  I have started having some lower back pain, I think from laying in weird positions.  Also, major insomnia right now.  I don't know if that is a baby thing, a 3 people + cat in a queen bed thing, or too many naps during the week, but it sucks.  The other day I literally just laid in bed for like 2 straight hours, it was brutal!

Weight: According to the doctor this week, I have gained about 2 pounds in the last two weeks.  Yikes!

Movement: Yes! I really only notice when I am laying down or sitting still....which is not very often with a one year old.  

Sleep: I guess I pretty much covered this earlier....

Cravings/aversions/eating: Still need my ice water! Nothing really exciting in this category, maybe baby #2 is going to be more easy going :)

Workouts: Trying to sneak in walks to the park in between the rain storms we have been having.  Also, I did quite a bit of cleaning to get ready for a family visit from the in-laws.

Clothes: I must admit that I have been dressing pretty awful.  I guess you could say I have been going for comfort? Lots of hoodies and stretchy pants.  It is so much easier to hide you are pregnant in the winter.  The problem is, I am not really trying to hide it and I just feel fat. 

Other News: It is Christmas this week!!!! I have never been pregnant on Christmas before, so I am excited to celebrate with the family.   

No comments:

Post a Comment