Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Engagement

I thought it would be best to really get in to this blog by replaying the whole reason this blog exists, I'm engaged!! Justin and I were engaged on June 16th, 2009 at Angel Stadium.  The elaborate proposal began on my actual birthday (in May) when Justin gave me a "surprise birthday getaway" as my gift.  The trip didn't actually happen though until we both finished school and had some free time! The trip consisted of eight surprises, the first being DISNEYLAND! 

On our way!

We love Disneyland and hadn't been in about six months.  The second surprise was Justin had booked a hotel room right by Disneyland for the night.  The third surprise was dinner reservations at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland, yummy! 



We had a great day at Disneyland and when we got back to the hotel Justin had ordered the most beautiful flowers for me (surprise four)! 

Me and my flowers!

The next day Justin ordered me my favorite breakfast, surprise number five.  Justin said we had some time before our next activity so we grabbed some lunch and went shopping.  Then Justin blindfolded me again and we headed to our next destination, which I was completely clueless about! Five minutes later, we arrived at Angel Stadium (surprise six).  Justin said he had arranged for a private tour.  I of course had worked there for three years and was a little less than thrilled.  However, I put on a smile and tried to be a good sport.  Our tour guide took us down to the field and Justin walked us out to home plate.  He started talking about the first night we met and then asked if he could sing me a song. 

Our arrival 

Dancing

Surprise Seven! 

That's a YES!

Surprise Eight!

Champagne Toast with our families

Well this was a quite a post for quite a proposal.  Justin planned for months and did such a great job.  I could not have asked for a more perfect proposal or a more perfect fiance! 

1 comment:

  1. You better believe I'm gonna follow your blog! I LOVE it so far. What a perfect engagmement! :) Keep posting. I love it!

    ReplyDelete