Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Change of Plans

This weekend Justin and I set out to scope out some potential wedding venues. Location #1 was a miss. The location was pretty, not really us, but still nice. The staff was nice enough to set up a tasting for us which was pretty good. They were definitely interesting characters, but it will be something that we remember forever. Location #2 was a hit. Actually THE hit. We had looked at this place a few times online and were intrigued. The only problem with this location is the popularity of it has required the staff to set up a lottery system to reserve one of their rooms. Luckily the lottery was being held today, only two days after our visit, which didn't leave us much time to stress about it. Justin and I came up with a few different options (like different rooms, and dates) in order to better our chances of securing the location. Unfortunately Justin and my mom were unable to come so my Auntie Kathy was nice enough to venture out with me to the lottery early this morning. Although the lottery was open for all of July, August and September 2010, although there are five Saturdays in July, and although we were available for three possible different rooms, AND although we were picked number 15 our number one choice, number two choice and number three choice were all taken. As I sat there surrounded by happy couples who got their number one choice and by the staff who was quickly asking me what my next choice was, I tried my hardest to stay positive. My Auntie Kathy was great, but I still felt so much pressure trying to make this huge decision by myself. I couldn't even talk to Justin on the phone! As I'm sure most of you know, I don't like making decisions, especially big ones like this. I kept trying to adjust to changing a date we had set over two months ago and hosting our wedding on a Sunday. I absolutely loved this place, but was it not meant to be? I couldn't figure it out! Luckily, they promised not to charge us for the deposit until we signed the contract which we had 24 hours to do. My Aunt and I decided to look around one more time before leaving and I became more and more excited. Justin was able to call me shortly after I left and of course he made me feel even better. Where was he like two hours before when I was in tears?? He was super excited and promised that we could always celebrate 7-17. He also reminded me that all great holidays have an Eve, so of course our wedding anniversary must have a wedding anniversary eve! And that ladies in gentlemen is why he is the one for me! So to recap this monster of a post we have a NEW date and a LOCATION! WOO HOO! MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR JULY 18, 2010!


Justin giving a sneak preview of our location!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! it's gonna be fabulous. the calendar is marked! although, i should probably wait for an invite first...i'm getting a little ahead of myself here!

    ReplyDelete