Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter!!!

And so another holiday comes along in our little engaged life. We are so excited to spend our last major engaged holiday (well unless you count my birthday, or memorial day or fourth of July) with some wonderful family. Sadly Easter will bring the close of my Spring Break :( However, I must say after a week full of activities and wedding planning to the max I am pretty much dying for my regular routine. I am weird I know. Anyways to recap the week.....hold on to your hats folks:

Last weekend my girls had their final cheerleading competition, NATIONALS! They placed third out of 27 teams in their division, just .5 points away from first. It was super exciting and I could not be more proud of those girls. It was quite the exhausting and draining weekend, they were the first team in their division to perform in prelims on Saturday (7:50 am yikes) and then the finalists weren't announced until 4pm. And then of course we had to do it all over again on Sunday! It was a great way to wrap up the season and thank the Lord my nights and weekends are finally FREE!!!

Also last weekend, we received our second round of engagement pictures, which I know I already mentioned, but I just had to mention them again because we love them! And finally over the weekend, Justin and I purchased our first furniture pieces!! We were driving through Orange when I saw a very "professional" handwritten sign offering furniture 70% off. Yes it was a tad shady, but I like to think of it as fate. Anyways after a little wheeling and dealing we bought a brand new couch (with an ottoman) and kitchen table for practically nothing! We can't wait to put them in our apartment....which of course highlights our next order of business, find a place to actually put this stuff, as in an apartment. Although, Justin is pretty sure he can create a sort of shelter with this new furniture, so an apartment may not be necessary after all!

Monday, Justin was able to take off of work (sort of) and we spent the day at the beach camping with my family and then went to a ducks game. Very relaxing, minus the blistering sunburn we both received....oops

Fast forward to Thursday, aka wedding planning central. Me, my mom and my super talented and fabulous friend Jenna went to pick out all of the supplies for the invitations Jenna designed for the wedding. I swear that paper store was like a time warp, we were lost in there for hours! However, we emerged in one piece with all the goodies we need to put together some beautiful invitations. Then, me and my mom met up with Justin and the potential DJ for some dinner. My mom recommended this DJ after seeing some of his awesome moves at Wilson Creek. He was super nice and had some great ideas (plus how can you not trust your own mom!) so we hired him! We know he will keep the party rockin all night!

Hmmmm as I type this it definitely does not sound as overwhelming and overstimulating as it feels. Of course, I didn't put in everything I did (like meeting with my fab snookums to plan the shower and bacholrette party, or all my internet shopping for small wedding items), but I think I have bored you enough! I do hope you are still reading though so I can tell you one more time, Happy Easter!!! Thank you Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment