Wednesday, April 17, 2013

13 WEEKS



Best Moment: Finally getting to go public at work and on the f-book. What a relief! I am not a good secret keeper and this was killing me. Not only does it feel great to share the news, it is the best feeling to have so many people share in your excitement. This year in my class I have 16 boys and only 9 girls so the reaction was pretty uneventful (one of the boys actually asked who their sub would be... apparently they think I am ready to pop this baby out any time). However, one of my sweet girls has the same birthday as our due date, so she said she is keeping her fingers crossed :)

Baby News: We haven't seen you for over a week, but I know you are growing like crazy! According to my sources your fingerprints have formed and you are about the size of a shrimp. If you are a girl like I think you are, you have all you need to have a baby some day (that is seriously mind blowing!). And your body is finally starting to catch up to that head of yours. People may say it is oversized, but I think it is adorable :)

Symptoms: So exhausted stillll...wondering if I will ever get my energy and appetite back. The school carnival about killed me and I was down for the count for the whole weekend recovering.

Weight: My scale is off from the doctors so it is hard to tell. I am guessing I have gained about two pounds so far.

Movement: Not yet!

Sleep: Still able to sleep on my tummy which is nice. I fall asleep so early, but don't ever quite make it through the night due mainly to potty breaks.

Cravings/aversions/eating: Mexican food is still the only thing that sounds good consistently and cheese. Plus I am almost always in the mood for anything sweet. Most meat is still out of the question.

Workouts: Does working the carnival count? I am going to go with yes.

Clothes: Most of my work pants still fit, but not exactly comfortably. Most days I feel like I have nothing to wear, which I guess is not too far off from pre-pregnancy days. My weekend wear consists of pj's and one pair of jeans.

Other News: I had my dentist appointment this week. I was cavity free (yay!). However, the dentist was sure to scare me in to flossing. He casually mentioned that his mother never flossed and went in to labor three weeks early. Fine, I will floss! :)


2 comments:

  1. Congrats! So excited to have some more baby updates to read :) These are my favorite lately...I'm 26 weeks today and just posted my update too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following you now!!! Kaitlyn (:

    ReplyDelete