Wednesday, April 17, 2013

We are.......

having a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not posted anything since February 10th when I took that test and wrote this post.  Mainly because I didn't think I could write about anything else, but also because I have been too exhausted to get off the couch :)  Anyways here is my post from February........

It seriously looks weird to type, it feels even weirder to say and I kind of feel like I could be making this whole thing up.  It seems like it took us forever to get pregnant.  Which is kind of awful to say considering all of the people who had to wait much, much longer than us and considering all of the people who never will be able to.  We had always said we wanted to be married two years before we started to grow our family (don't you just love "our plan").  Anyways, I convinced the hubby to start trying one month before our two year anniversary under the assumption that it could take longer than expected and all my teacher friends told me June was the perfect month.  Well fast foward seven months and oceans of tears we still had no baby.

I literally thought this month was out.  I even threw myself a full blown pity party and ruined a perfectly good date night.  Then the next day, I thought welllll geee that's weird, it still hasn't come....so I thought well maybe if I just go get a test, and it shows up negative I can stop holding on to that secret sliver of hope.  So I brought it home, took it upstairs and proceeded to do my business.  I had taken a total of three tests in the last seven months and all three were so blatantly negative that they felt like a major slap in the face.  So this time, I half expected that to happen and half couldn't believe my eyes when almost instantly two little lines showed up.

I would like to tell you that I planned a cute, romantic way to share the news with the hubby.  Instead I grabbed my pee-on-a-stick and walked in to the other room where he was elbow deep in cat litter.  Straight out of a movie, I tell you! I wasn't sure what to say, so I just kind of shoved the thing in his face.  He said....wait for it..."What does that mean?"....What do you mean, what does that mean?!! I think it means that I am pregnant! Well then it was all just roses and butterflies, right?? Nope, he ordered me to go drink some water so I could do it again.  So I did, and sure enough number two produced the same results.  After that we kind of just stared at each other and weren't really sure what to say or do.  We actually had to "google" what to do after a positive pregnancy test.

Last night I woke up at about 1:45am and didn't really ever fall back asleep.  Today, I am officially five weeks and 3 weeks away from my first doctor's appointment.  If ever I could fast forward time, this would be it! I would even skip right over our week off! I pray that God would continue to bless our little growing family and continue to calm this mom-to-be's anxious heart.







No comments:

Post a Comment