Saturday, July 13, 2013

26 WEEKS


Best Moment: We got to see you again this week! We had our regular scheduled appointment with our doctor and my mom was off this week so she decided to come.  The doctor gave us a quick peek at you as grandma's special treat.  You seriously don't like ultrasounds and always move around and cover up your face.  We all still loved checking you out though :)

Baby News: You are almost two pounds! Your eyes have completely formed and soon you will start blinking with those cute little eyelashes.  You can respond to light, noise and even move to the music! 

Symptoms: Emotional and tiring easily.  I will have a really productive day and then the next day feel like I haven't slept in weeks.  Still an achy back and just all around uncomfortable.  The summer heat sure doesn't help! We have been trying to install a ceiling fan downstairs for over a week and couldn't figure out what was wrong.  Finally, the builder came and turns out they forgot to put in a switch for the fan! One symptom I have been anxiously awaiting is long, luxurious locks....Hello hair! I have been looking forward to this my whole life please get on it!

Weight: I gained two more pounds this week! This makes my total 17lbs. so far.  The doctor gave me the veggie talk in an effort to warn me about this time of pregnancy.  Apparently this next month you can really pack on the pounds.  

Movement: Definitely!  It is fun to watch it from the outside too, but still no clear body parts just little twitches almost.

Sleep: I have discovered two things about my sleeping this week.  First, I seem to be on an "every other night" type schedule.  I will have a horrible night of sleep and then the next night won't be so bad and so on and so on.  Second, I seem to often half-sleep.  I feel like I am sleeping, but I know I am also awake.  It is so weird and frustrating.  I will be laying there having conscious thoughts (this is where my anxiety really kicks in) and wishing I was all the way asleep! I think it has to do with getting up so often to potty.  They say not to drink water before bed, but I am always so thirsty right before bed!

Cravings/aversions/eating: Still loving the dessert.  Still no on the meat.  We made two pasta dishes this week for dinner and I forced myself to have one bite of chicken.

Workouts: I took some long and partially uphill walks this week with the puppy and it wiped me out! I also just received my actual prenatal yoga dvd that I am excited to try.  **Side note: I went to use the prenatal dvd this morning and it was cracked! Boo!

Clothes: Still leggings, dresses and stretchy shirts (some maternity and some not).  I am noticing the baggy shirts I love wearing to bed are not so baggy anymore...

Other News: We are starting to work on the nursery finally! We cleaned out the whole room and put things in their new place.  We also picked out two samples of paint and the hubby painted the ceiling white.  I am currently, impatiently, waiting for some sample swatches I ordered for the bedding to decide on the paint for the walls.  We also finally ordered the new parts for the crib.  My parents kept my crib and changing table that my brothers and cousins used.  My mom had it re-painted and now my dad found some snazzy new hardware to make it like new.  I kind of feel like we are at the beginning of wedding planning where you have to deal with all of the big, boring stuff before you can get to the fun, small details.  It is so frustrating not being able to paint or build or really help at all right now. We also started our registries this week.  Overwhelming to say the least....
Registering was exhausting! I decided to take a short break in the cart.  Those stores should really invest in a comfy chair for pregnant women to ride around when they are registering....

26 weeks exactly! Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment