Saturday, July 27, 2013

28 WEEKS



Best Moment: Officially kicking off the third trimester! The countdown is on baby girl :) 

Baby News: You are almost as tall as you will be when you are born! Apparently you are starting to run out of space in there, so your little jabs will not be so little anymore.  Your permanent teeth are also forming (please be straight!!!) and your wrinkly skin is starting to smooth out as you fatten up in there :)

Symptoms: Pretty much just emotional still.  I also have had some major insomnia...no fun :(

Weight: I have gained a total of 20-21lbs, which I noticed is completely average, but somehow still feel the guilt trip at the doctors.  What is their problem?!

Movement: Definitely!  I also finally recognized hiccups this week.  For awhile I have noticed that occasionally I will feel like a heart beat type thing going on...it started to freak me out and after some *expert* advice via google I realized it is in fact hiccups! So cute! 

Sleep: Not so great this week thanks to insomnia.  I even had to resort to the tv this week, usually I just lay there or play on my phone.

Cravings/aversions/eating: Hmmm I am pretty much craving everything I am no longer allowed to have. Boo :( Since I am eating smaller meals more frequently, it is very dangerous to look at pinterest or watch tv in case I see something that might make me drool.  I do look forward to my bedtime snack which consists of 36 graham cracker bunnies, a tbsp. of peanut butter and a glass of milk.  Living large people!

Workouts: Lots of walking this week.  We also biked all the way around Coronado on our staycation this week.

Clothes: After failing to fit in to any of my jeans (even with the belly band!) for the Angel game, I purchased some maternity jeans. Right now it is too hot to wear them.  Hopefully, they still fit when another opportunity arises.

Other News: It has been a busy week! On Monday and Tuesday we went down to San Diego to celebrate our anniversary.  It was an awesome trip despite being called by the doctor moments after we checked in to inform me of my gestational diabetes diagnosis.  Wednesday we had to attend a class so I could get my diet plan and learn how to poke my finger.  No fun! I literally have never thought about how much I eat.  I am the world's pickiest eater, so if it sounds good, I eat it.  If I am still hungry, I eat more.  Those days are gone for now....so long :(  I also officially stink at poking my finger.  I only have to do it four times a day, but yesterday my grand total was seven.  Anyways enough of that....we also finished painting the nursery this week (of course by 'we' I mean my awesome hubby)!  And our crib bedding came! Who wants to set up a crib this weekend?! ME!!!
All my poking supplies! I'm going to show this to her when she is a teenager and tries to claim I hate her :)

27 and 1/2 weeks on Coronado

28 weeks and 1 day

No comments:

Post a Comment