Sunday, May 16, 2010

So BLESSED

We have been feeling so unbelievably blessed lately. This post was originally supposed to be written about two weeks ago, but by the glory of God the blessings have remained constant (and life has been a tad hectic) so the blog was continually put off. May is always a wonderful month for me because its my birthday month!!!! However this year I was able to add in Teacher Appreciation Week and some wedding love. My birthday was very nice and my entire family, as usual, did a great job making me feel blessed and loved. Justin didn't do too bad either making my first and only engaged birthday unforgettable. We went to Sea World and ate at the restaurant we are hoping to host the rehearsal dinner at. It was very yummy, although a little crazy since of course my birthday falls two days before Cinco De Mayo and we ate at a mexican restaurant....Anyways I loved my birthday and can't believe on my next one I will be married!!

My birthday also happened to fall on the Monday of Teacher Appreciation Week. My students did a great job of making me feel appreciated, although I did receive quite a bit of joint gifts :) Whoever invented teacher appreciation was first of all a genius, but also brilliant for placing it strategically at the time of year where most teachers are ready to rip their hair out :)

Last, but certainly not least, the most wonderful group of ladies in my mom and I's weekly bible study threw me a surprise shower! Not only have I never felt more special, but I have never been more surprised. Those who know me well, know that it is almost impossible to surprise me. I seem to have some sort of sixth sense, Justin calls it a curse. Anyways they brought me flowers, my most favorite cupcakes (funfetti!!!) and some truly special gifts. One of my favorites being a nightly couple's devotional to read together before bed. However, since I was so shocked and surprised I didn't even think of taking a picture to remember such a special night, so I had to settle for this.....

I promise we will have an update soon, possibly at the two month mark (which is two days away ahhhh!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment