Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wedding Party Member of the...MONTH?

Well our fellow blog-followers, I have been a master procrastinator all my life, so why stop now? Oh I know, maybe because I’m getting married? Well I guess I’m trying to get all my procrastination out of the way before the big day so that Brittany has a better husband when that day comes. Anyways, we talked about having our best man and maid of honor be wedding party members of the MONTH, because they are that awesome. However, my best man will have to settle with being Wedding Party Member of the Half-Month, due to my procrastination skills. So without any further ado the best man is…



Kevin Markham! There was never really a doubt in my mind who the best man in my wedding would be. Even though we grew up nearly 2000 miles apart and are five and a half years apart in age, we managed to maintain a close friendship, a true friendship in my eyes, a friendship so strong that even through some ups and downs we managed to come back together to make some great memories. Even though our time spent together was limited to Summer and holiday vacations, the number of Justin, Kevin, and Dad (Shaney, haha) stories is countless. From Kevin driving a car back from the mechanic at like age 13, to playing Ken Griffey Jr. baseball for hours on end (birthplace to Kev Dog, Just Man, and Cool Daddy), we really have had some great memories.



Kevin and I share tons of similar interests and hobbies. First of all, we love our significant others (Kevin and Ruthanne are great together!). We are both die hard sports fanatics. We disagree on some things (Lakers and soccer), but the important things (Angels and Ducks) are spot on. I can’t possibly forget our love for golf! We also work for the City of Irvine, although Kevin makes a bit more than I do :) .



Kevin is a terrific friend, and an even better man. He’s one of those true good guys. We all have our faults, but he has always been one to be proud of who he is, because that’s the way God made him. I am so proud to have Kevin in the wedding, and even more stoked that he agreed to be my best man. Kevin, thanks for being a great friend, and always being there for me no matter what, even when I was being a bratty little kid! You’re the best, dude!



If you want to see a lot of pictures, you’ll have to wait til next month when Brittany busts out her maid of honor blog. Kevin and I are extremely photogenic…. ;) …. but at the end of the day, we’re still guys, so we don’t have many pictures together. Brittany, on the other hand, will blow you away next month, so stay tuned. In the meantime, get ready for some exciting wedding news as there is some rehearsal dinner plans and other fun stuff in the works…until next time, thanks for reading, and GOD BLESS!





1 comment:

  1. Glad to know about your wedding party. I am going to arrange my cousin’s engagement party and trying to find one of finest venues in Houston. I want to book a spacious venue which can accommodate our long list of guests. Hope to find an excellent yet affordable one.

    ReplyDelete