Tuesday, May 18, 2010

TWO MONTHS.....

from this moment Justin and I will be sharing our first dance as husband and wife! Is there a fast forward button? Or maybe a rewind button? Life can be so conflicting sometimes. On one hand I want time to go faster and faster so the wedding can get here and we can finally be married. On the other hand, I want life to go in slow motion. It is hard to believe we have been planning this wedding for almost a year now (well for Justin, for me its been going on 24 years). Planning mode for me has been in serious halt mode thanks to the phenomenon called "the end of the year." Luckily, I only have six days of school left until my summer vacation!! And even more luckily I am so blessed to have a family and a fiance who have totally stepped up to the plate on the planning front. My mom, aunt, moh, and fabulous friend Jenna had an invitation making party a few weeks back and my mom has continued the party on her own for the last couple weeks so we can send these things out on time. I can't wait to mail the invitations a) so everyone can see them b) so I can quit losing sleep over them sitting on our kitchen counter with a puppy and 11 year old waiting in the wings. Justin has also been fantastic, quite the little wedding planning machine! He has been working out a finalized contract with the DJ, finding a getaway car (for the wedding, we aren't that poor people!), and sorting out schedules to meet with the pastor. Annnnd he is keeping his groomsman on a very organized schedule with individualized to-do lists. Isn't he cute?! Pretty much my only accomplishment in the past few weeks is finding my rehearsal dinner dress. However, I did go shopping with my beautiful Mother of the Bride for her dress. We think we found one too! Things are moving along and major planning mode commences in T-6 days! Get excited people!

No comments:

Post a Comment