Thursday, January 7, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


So I realize I am a little late, but I blame my mother. She had all of the pictures from the holidays on her camera which she "lost" for a few days. Now that her camera has returned to us safely, I can return to the blogging world. Thank goodness, right? :) We had a wonderful vacation (which I am still enjoying haha). Justin and I were finally able to spend time together and we got to see each other on Christmas again!

Where to start, where to start....I guess I will begin with our long overdue annual anniversary Charger game which we attended on December 20th (almost exactly two months past our actual anniversary). Not only was it a great game against the Bengals, but we also won, clinched the AFC West AND Santa was there!

Christmas Eve was spent at my Beach Grandparents (aka dad's side of the family). We had a great dinner with everyone and then of course made it back home in time for a little "Night Before Christmas" entertainment from my father.


Justin and I each spent time with our families on Christmas morning before he made the trek down to San Diego with us. I must admit, Engaged Christmas was a blast! It was so much fun seeing presents that said 'Justin and Brittany.' And we received so much fun married stuff! Justin's parents sent us a Marriage Bible and they sent me a super cute wedding themed wine glass for my bachelorette party :) My mom bought us a blanket (my favorite!) that she is going to have embroidered for us. She also gave us our very own advent calendar and some adorable Christmas decorations, including a personal ornament for our first married Christmas. We (well honestly probably just me) can't wait to decorate for Christmas next year! As I have joked to many of you, we will probably have to decorate for Christmas all year long since we lack any sort of normal household decorations (or furniture).

New Years Eve was pretty uneventful for us considering Justin was up all night with food poisoning only 48 hours before. We were both so tired we missed the ball drop and had to rewind it. Thank goodness for technology!

New Years Day was a blast! We had a great brunch with family at one of our favorite places on the beach. It was the most beautiful day, even though it did get a little warm. Can you believe we were actually sweating on January 1st?! Only in the best state in the country :) After that we went on a bike ride in Mission Beach, right down the street from our wedding venue!!


Now that the holidays are over we are all getting back to the grind and back to blogging on a regular basis. Make sure you check out our first WPMW of 2010! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment