Monday, January 11, 2010

Wedding Party Member of the Week #10

This week, we are announcing another groomsmam ... Michael Landolina!



“Lando” is one of my best friends from my years in college at Chapman. Our friendship started freshman year when we were making fun of a high maintenance girl in our T.V. Production class. It continued as we shared our love of sports in different classes, and then finally decided to buy season tickets to the Ducks together. We both missed hockey so much that we just had to get season tickets the first year it came back after the lockout. We shared seats for one year, before he backed out due to a lack of interest in hockey in Orange County.



He got his fill of hockey, and now hates the Ducks (he’s a Sharks fan). He probably hates them even more since they won the Stanley Cup the year after he gave up his ticket. GO DUCKS!



I told him I would post a link to his Sharks blog: www.bladesofteal.com

Unlike myself, Lando is actually trying to use his college degree to break into the sports broadcasting business. He’s worked for the San Diego Chargers, San Francisco Giants, and the Golden State Warriors. So if anyone has any connections, let me know, so I can help out our groomsman! Also not like myself, Lando is a terrific golfer. He played golf at Chapman and was kind enough to take me out for a couple rounds at Tustin Ranch, a beautiful (and pricey) golf course down the street from my house. T-Ranch is the home course for Chapman.



Lando is the commissioner of the fantasy sports leagues I participate in. What’s awesome about them is that we don’t spend a penny on the leagues, but they are all for pride. Only die hard baseball and hockey fans allowed! It’s great, and Lando is a terrific commissioner. We are honored to have a great guy, and one of the funniest and passionate people we know in our wedding!





2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Very kind words by Justin......Just for the record though, I have never made fun of anybody......ever......

    Lando

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you lando!!! just for the record that is the worst picture of me ever....thanks for the effort though babe :)

    ReplyDelete