Monday, October 8, 2012

Cheers to Columbus

I am not sure why exactly we have a whole day to celebrate Columbus, but this girl is not complaining. It was so nice to have that extra day to get caught up on things, and by things I mean our DVR.  In all seriousness, we did lay pretty low this weekend because our Chesney puppy was recovering from getting fixed on Friday.

Check out that battle scar.

Friday night was such a sad night.  Chesney was so miserable :(  I decided that our future kids will have to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's when they are sick.  How can parents stand it?!  She bounced back quick though and was ready to play Saturday morning.

Saturday we began our Operation Baby Backyard Makeover.  My dad came over for a "consultation" and set the husband and I up with our first task.  Some highlights from Task #1:
-We confirmed that we do in fact live on an ant hill (and  concrete parking lot)
-Husband used a chainsaw for the first time
-We pulled two trees straight from the ground!
For some reason, this is the only "Before" picture I can find.



After Task #1

Next week, we will continue with Task #2 and attempt to install a sprinkler system.  Stay tuned on that.  I was also able to finish my laundry room project.

After painting those letters, I was in the painting mood and was inspired by my best friend to give our dining area an accent wall.  
I can't wait until the budget allows for some decoration/furniture for my new area.  Until then you all can thank Dave Ramsey for the delay...Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment