Monday, August 26, 2013

32 WEEKS and a BABY SHOWER



Best Moment: Hands down BABY SHOWER! It was the perfect day! My mom and best friends made the day so special.  Since our summer was so long, I spent many hours on pinterest and we had the best activities/games :)  My mom made yummy food and I even had a cupcake!!!! Opening all of the gifts was so fun and so many special people were able to come.  Seeing old friends, many who made a long drive in traffic was so awesome.  My mother-in-law and her sister also had planned to fly in which was incredible.  Annnnnddd my sister-in-law surprised me by driving all the way from Utah! Also, coming in a close second...the hubby and I went to the Brad Paisley concert after the baby shower (which was um, insane).  The hubby was a great encourager and he let me rest in the back seat the whole trip.  

Baby News: This week baby girl is measuring by far the weirdest piece of produce of them all...a bok choy?!! What is that?! Apparently what that means is she is about 4 pounds and 17 inches long.  She is supposedly sleeping the majority of the day, but it sure doesn't feel like that!

Symptoms: Still very uncomfortable and emotional! :(  My back hurts every day and my feet and hands are officially swollen.  My rings officially do not fit....I tried to put them on for the shower, but no luck.  Also, heartburn you are seriously not my friend.  

Weight: No appointments this week, but I think I am still right about 130.  I guess I am supposed to be gaining about a pound a week at this point which seems about right.

Movement: Yes! And it was so fun for more people to feel her at the shower.  My whole family was able to feel her have a crazy case of the hiccups :)

Sleep: Sleep has actually been about the same.  I keep thinking that sleep will get worse, but so far it is staying about the same.  We did have to look past our cheap ways and turn down the air which has helped a lot.  I think I average about two potty breaks a night which isn't too bad.

Cravings/aversions/eating: Just looked forward to my cupcake all week! It helped me get through all my blah meals having that to look forward to :)  I also had my mom make all my favorites for the shower, which was a slight splurge, but luckily my numbers cooperated!

Workouts: Still trying to keep up with a daily walk.

Clothes: I spent a long and exhausting morning going through my entire closet since I will be venturing back in to the working world next week.  I actually found quite a few pairs of jeans that still work with my belly band.  Finding something to wear for the shower did prove to be rather difficult.  I wanted to wear a dress, but all the stores seemed to have Fall stuff out so the selection was very slim. Luckily, I found something at the last minute :)  Now it is time to find something to wear for our maternity pictures!

Other News: Stuff is getting, um, very real! According to my preggo apps, it is time to pack a hospital bag! Plus now that the shower is over, it is time to evaluate what we have and buy what we still need.  I also am in major nesting mode and can't wait to start organizing all of our new stuff :)  Now where is that second trimester energy when you need it?!
sneak peek of the nursery :)

The aftermath!

He thinks it is his new bed

entry way

Diaper raffle

Diaper raffle

Guest Book 
This banner is all thanks to the hubby....thanks to my baby brain I hot glued the entire thing backwards and almost threw it in the trash :)

Late Night Diapers! These turned out so good!

Guess Sadie's birthday!



Headband making station! These turned out adorable!


My other banner

food!

cupcakes!!

Pre-food....

Games!

Mom or Dad game!

Present bingo

Daddy's example :) 
Seriously only do these if you want to cry every time you read them...I will seriously treasure these forever! 


No comments:

Post a Comment