Friday, August 30, 2013

33 WEEKS



Best Moment: Hmm... this is a tough one.  We did get to hear her sweet heartbeat again at the doctors.  It was a long week back at work, a little rough, but also fun.  I would say the best moment was everyone getting to see my belly after almost 100 days of summer! It was fun telling everyone her name and getting encouragement from other mommies :)

Baby News: This week baby girl is growing away! She could grow a full inch just this week! Although this week the amniotic fluid level has reached its peak, it apparently is not enough to protect me from her kicks and jabs :)

Symptoms: heartburn. heartburn. heartburn.  I hate you! Back pain and swollen hands and feet (someone needs to remind California we don't do humidity!).  I have also been pretty grouchy....sorry hubby! And my pregnancy brain is getting worse....I think :)

Weight: I was 133 at our appointment this week.  Although I think at least a pound of that was thanks to the humidity/pregnancy induced water retention.

Movement: This girl has the hiccups ALL the time! She also is getting so big I can feel her move at multiple places in my tummy at the same time.  It was very distracting during all of our meetings this week :)

Sleep: Same ol, same ol.  I have been taking a few naps to help with my new back to school schedule.  I also have been having LOTS of weird dreams.

Cravings/aversions/eating: This week was so tough with food.  I had a complete breakdown in Trader Joe's and will not be returning for quite awhile (for multiple reasons clearly).  Being back at work was tough.  There were goodies in the teacher's lounge every day and teachers love to snack all day while planning.  Since our new school is not ready, we are pretty much in one big room so someone near me was always eating something.  Since I can only eat at certain times, I pretty much had to have lunch every day by myself.  That was no fun :(  This week I craved everything in the teacher's lounge and the candy that was being passed around.  I also had a craving for sour straws and mac n' cheese (we are talking blue box, powdered cheese nonsense).  Although I couldn't have most of what I wanted this week, I did have two bites of a cupcake that was at another teacher's work baby shower (p.s. my doctor's appointment was right after, and I was so paranoid they would be able to smell it on me!).

Workouts: No official walks this week.  I blame the back to school exhaustion and this AWFUL humidity.  

Clothes: Since it was just a planning week, we were allowed to wear jeans.  I wore a couple of regular pairs of jeans with my belly band and one pair of maternity jeans.  I wore only maternity t-shirts.  One more week until I have to dress up again! Yikes!

Other News: We (which of course means "the husband") put together the bouncer and swing this week! I am also going shopping with my mom this week to pick up missing registry items and return the things I won't need from last week's shower.  I seriously need to put nesting down for symptoms! I feel like there is so much to do! 
The babies are loving the new accessories!

33 weeks exactly!

No comments:

Post a Comment