Monday, January 14, 2013

I Would Like to Thank the Academy....

....Or not....I may be the only girl in the wholllllle world who cannot stand awards season.  Anndd I went to film school annnddd I did my internship for the TV guide channel during the awards season.  It was pretty much torture.  Which probably explains why I became a teacher and not an entertainment reporter (although that is the best major out there, in case you were wondering).  Anyways, since I am clearly in the minority, I better back up this crazy talk.  Here are my top 5 reasons for changing the channel when flashes of red carpet come on to my screen:

1. First and foremost, it is boring! You seriously can't disagree with me on that.  Even the actors look bored.

2. I have never seen or care to see over half the movies that win.  Actually a good chunk of them, I have never even heard of.  My movies never win.

3.  The fashion is so over the top.  Why would I care about some fancy dress some actress is wearing??? I am clearly never going to need a dress like that (nor could I afford it) so it's not like I am getting fashion tips.  I will continue to take my fashion advice from something applicable...like the pages of US Weekly or People. Stars, they're just like us!

4.  The actors/actresses always seem to come off so arrogant and uptight.  The fake surprises kill me, and the long list of random people nobody knows as elevator music drowns them out is just not appealing.

5. My Sunday night line-up is ruined.  Hours of people walking down a carpet followed by hours of people winning a naked man is interfering with some of my favorite shows.

Now, you want to talk about the CMAs or the ACMs....you better believe I am all over that.  Awesome music + amazing talent + thanking God first + inappropriate jokes = an actual award show I will watch.  The rest of you all, don't worry about me, I am sure you will have plenty of viewers who enjoy your show.



And for dramatic blog post......the Oscar goes to...... ME!!! *Cue surprised speech where I thank my husband who was the only person who actually read this entire post*


2 comments:

  1. Haha I totally agree with you! This is great...I found you on the blog hop :) Loving your blog!
    http://www.RissHomeDesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up to share the love blog hop http://www.serenityyou.com/2013/01/share-love-blog-hop-4.html

    Now your newest follower

    Natasha @ www.serenityyou.com

    ReplyDelete