Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy Birthday 2013!

Happy New Year! I am so excited for 2013 and all the adventures we might have.  I jumped on the 13 resolutions/goals for 2013 bandwagon.  Last year my resolution was pretty successful so I think I am on a resolution roll.
This sweet girl made a resolution to stop going potty in the house, but she only made it until about 12:30....maybe next year puppy!
1. Start recycling.  When we lived in an apartment, we didn't have recycle so we got out of the habit, but now that we pay a million dollars a month for trash pick-up, it is time to pay our respects to mother earth.
2. Carpool to school.  The husband and I work at the same school, but different campuses.  It is a super inconvenient trek across town, but we will save a fortune in gas and get in some extra quality time.  Plus I can start eating breakfast in the car again :)
3. Read one book a month.  This was my resolution last year and it was awesome.
4. Read one book of the bible a month.  This was actually the hubby's idea and I am stealing it.
5.  Use our new juicer 3x a week.  Hopefully, I can work up to daily, but 3x a week is much more reasonable right now.
6.  Pay off Sallie Mae.  We are so close to paying off our student loan debt with Sallie Mae.  Hopefully we can make this a January resolution!
7.  Go to a concert.  I think the hubby has already called dibs on Kenny and Zac Brown.  I am not complaining though!
8. Continue Sunday night dinners with my family.  It is an awesome tradition that we love.
9. Learn something new.  Anything really :)
10.  Take a cooking class.  Guess who suggested this?!
11.  Perform one random act of kindness each month.  This was also the hubby's idea....he is so sweet :)
12. Go to an out-of-state sporting event.  We have always wanted to follow one of our team's somewhere fun.
13.  Go to Disneyland.  In college, we had season passes and went at least three times a month.  We haven't been since we were engaged (well actually I took my class on a field trip there two years ago).  We are definitely due for a trip! 
Happy 2013!
Newlywed Moments

6 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Found it today on the link up! I love your resolutions!! We are working with our puppy as well on the potty training! Good luck with paying off the student debt! I understand that one!! Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just when I think she is potty trained.....I hope kids are easier :)

      Delete
  2. what awesome goals!! thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. Maybe I will play :)

    I am so bad at using my juicer. In the summer I am better at it, but during winter (in Oregon) juice just doesn't sound as refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I have a feeling the cleaning part of the juicing is going to make it hard to keep up all year. That just does not seem fun!

      Delete