Sunday, November 15, 2009

THE SKY IS FALLING!

Well actually we just have real wedding updates...what?! you say. YES! we say! We have had a pretty eventful week in wedding planning so I guess I will just go in chronological order.....Last Sunday my whole family walked in the Save A Life Walk in Balboa Park to raise money for suicide prevention. Any time I get to spend time with my family is wonderful, and raising money for a great cause is BONUS! (not to mention doing the cupid shuffle and cha cha slide with my adorable cousins DOUBLE BONUS!). Our team, Team Joey, actually ended up winning the award for the largest group!!!

My grandparents rock! What champs!
Anywho after the walk we went dress shopping!! It was such a blast, although a tad stressful because my wonderful audience was too nice to actually admit they didn't like a dress on me. I was so surprised at how many dresses I really liked. I thought the decision would have been much easier, wrong wrong wrong. I ended up falling in love with the very first dress I put on. Apparently, this is very common. I'm guessing its because us girls dream our whole lives of wearing a perfect white Cinderella dress so that first one EVER can be pretty special. It was a very successful day, we were able to find some great dresses and determine what would be the best style for me and what doesn't look so hot. I am so thankful for my little audience you were so loving, gracious and patient through day one of dress shopping. Thank you!

Yes in case you were wondering my strategy WAS to look as bad as possible in order to find the dress that could make me beautiful anyways :) However, how beautiful is my entourage! Love you all!

Around the dress shopping day one extravaganza, Justin and I finalized our honeymoon plans and BOOKED IT! We are so excited!!! My amazing parents generously donated some of their airline miles to pay for our plane tickets. Also, Justin and I were able to find, after quite the search, the perfect resort for a great deal. It is an all-inclusive which was a top priority for us and it is right in the heart of Cancun, Mexico overlooking the Caribbean Sea. It looks so beautiful and relaxing and has some amazing reviews. We cannot wait!

Wednesday was a holiday for us all. Thank you Veterans!!! You guys rock!! We spent the day shopping again for THE dress. We weren't too impressed with the stores we went to, and I was ready to go back and just get my first dress. However, as I was driving home Friday my mom called and told me about a little store right here in T-town that she had heard great things about. So we hopped in the car and spent our Friday night falling in love with two more dresses (thank goodness I was not this indecisive about the groom). We left excited, but also a tad stressed. Why is this so much harder than I thought it would be?! I'm still trying to rationalize with myself and others why I should get to wear more than one dress on our wedding day. Anyone else agree? I mean who made up the rule you only get to wear one wedding dress in your whole life?!! A man I'm sure! So the next day I dragged my wonderful MOH to the store and we again spent way too long trying on one dress than the other trying to find some way to decide which one is the ONE. Although no purchase was made, I am happy to report that I think I know which one is IT. However, none of us thought it was a good idea to rush in to this decision so we are giving ourselves a couple days to think things through (and hopefully not change my mind). So hopefully I will be able to report very soon that I have my wedding dress!

Oh yes there is more....we got our engagment pictures back!!! Can I just say we are so blessed to have Mark Frapwell as our photographer. He rocks! We absolutely love our pictures! Here is a sneak peek of some of our favorites:





Have a wonderful week and keep your eye out for Wedding Party Member of the Week #8.

No comments:

Post a Comment