Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bridal Shower #1

I was so blessed to have two bridal showers thrown in my honor. The first shower was more of a friends shower and it was so much fun. My maid of honor, Heather (who you will be learning about shortly) and my mom really threw me the most perfect shower. Bless Heather's little heart she planned the whole thing in the midst of her last semester of college! Luckily she had such great help and it was the best day!

My two requests for the shower were 1) funfetti cupcakes and 2) to play my most favorite shower game of all time "the clothespin game" (you know where if you say the forbidden word or words someone can take away your pin....) Anyways both of my requests were fulfilled! The cupcakes were adorable and the game was a hit!



We also played the toilet paper bride game which is a classic. It was hard actually being the judge rather than the participant, they all were very creative with their designs!

After the games, I opened all of our presents! Wow! I was overwhelmed by all of our friends and their generosity. There were so many thoughtful gifts that I know Justin and I will cherish for a very long time. Although we can't pick favorites here are a few that were captured by photograph:



I know Justin already thanked everyone in a previous post, but I just have to thank everyone again.

First and foremost, thank you to the best maid of honor a bride could ask for. She put a lot of heart in to this party and made it so special for me.

Also thank you to my wonderful mother who was Heather's right hand man. She made such yummy food and didn't let me worry about a thing, even though Lord knows I tried!

One of the most special things about my bridal shower was actually having my entire bridal party there! Thank you all for making the trip down!

The best surprise ever was having my cousin and bridesmaid Kathleen fly in from Florida to come to my shower! It was so unbelievably special to have her there. Thank you cousin!!

My wonderful Aunt Jamie also flew out from Florida and she was such a huge help. I absolutely loved sharing this memory with my aunt and cousin! Thank you guys so much for making me feel so special! And not only did they come all the way out here, they also bought Justin and I the cutest chalkboard to hang in our kitchen! Don't let the cute thing fool you, its huge! I can't wait to put Justin's honey-do list on there :)

Thank you to everyone for making Justin and I feel so special! I will never forget my beautiful shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment