Friday, June 11, 2010

Bridal Shower #2

Last year after Justin and I got engaged, my dad's cousin Kelly offered to throw us a shower. We finally decided to have a family shower for all of the girls on all sides of our families. Kelly took on all the planning and created such a special day I will never forget. I must say we faced a bit of a hiccup the morning of thanks to the overachiever marathon runners taking over San Diego. My maid of honor, mother and I set off for my first dress fitting scheduled hours before my shower. However thanks to the road closures, we arrived about 30 minutes late to my own shower half ready. It really was a lovely hot mess. Special thanks to my maid of honor and shower guests for calming me down and making me have a fabulous time.

The food was so yummy and the company was wonderful. Our family blessed us with some amazing gifts and I couldn't wait to show them all to Justin. Justin might be most excited about the chips and salsa bowl from my aunt, since he could live off chips and salsa :) I think I was most excited about my Grandma's gift....she bought us decorations for each holiday. I am so excited to have decorations for our new place!



Justin's mom had sent me a package and I was supposed to open it at my shower. It was a trunk full of all sorts of wedding goodies! It was so much fun opening each one and reading why she included each thing.

Thank you so much everyone for sharing in my bridal bliss!!!!


Our friend Jenna made the trip down to our family shower and surprised us with the best gift and I will be sure to share all about it next week so stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment