Monday, December 17, 2012

Catching Up....

I have been down for the count for the past few days.  A mixture of the flu, 50 report cards and a huge hole in my heart for those precious babies that were taken way too soon was just a brutal combination.  I missed a few days in my 12 days of giving, but I started catching up today:

Day 3: Give the gift of your time.  One of my former students is just the sweetest, most adorable thing and she asked me to come to her Nutcracker performance.  It happened to be the same day as my family's Christmas party, so I didn't think I could make it.  The husband and I ended up going to the technical dress rehearsal of the show.  It was adorable to watch and I think she was excited we made it.
That little girl sitting on her bottom was completely leveled during the show.  She just sat there and cried until someone came and got her.  It was pretty classic.

Day "4": Leave $5 for someone to find in a toy store.  I taped the money to a barbie doll box in the aisles of Wal-Mart and am crossing my fingers a kid finds it (because let's face it, $5 bucks is much cooler to a kid than an adult!).

Day "5":  Donate books to the library.

I'm really behind on  my Christmas bucket list too, but hopefully now that school is winding down, we can squeeze in a few extra things.  Only one week til Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment