Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Three reasons you should make enchiladas....

So my mom is the best cook in the whole world....does everyone think that?! Anyways she really is an awesome cook and she makes yummy enchiladas.  This recipe has become a staple in our home and I think it should be in yours too!

Here is why:

 1. They are so yummy! Isn't that the best reason to cook anything?! Seriously though you will love them.

 2. They are easy and cheap (does that count as two reasons...)! If I can make them, you can make them :)

 3. Leftovers.

 Here are the ingredients you will need:


Ingredients:
-Chicken (I just bake a whole chicken for an hour at 400 degrees and then pick it apart)
-Tortillas
-Cheese.  I use a mix of cheddar. (I shred my own because I don't like all the junk in the pre-packaged stuff, but a bag of mexican blend cheese works too)
-Green chiles
-Las Palmas Red Enchiladas sauce (mild)
-Black olives (optional)

SO what do you do?

1.  Cook the chicken.  Like I said I prefer to bake a whole chicken because it tastes the best :)  You can also buy a rotisserie chicken or bake some chicken breasts.

2.  Combine shredded chicken, half of the shredded cheese and all the green chiles in a bowl.  Mix it good!

3.  Grab a handful of the mixture you just made and plop it in the middle of a tortilla.  Roll it up and stick it in the biggest baking dish you have (the more you can make the better, right?)

4. Repeat until all the good stuff is gone.

5. Pour the enchiladas sauce over the top.

6.  Sprinkle the other half of the shredded cheese over the top.  Annnnd if you are a nice wife, you can put olives on half of the pan for your husband you likes those nasty things :)

7.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and you can't wait any longer.

8.  Serve with sour cream, guacamole and beans!  Enjoy :)



Newlywed Moments

1 comment:

  1. yum-my!! these look so delicious!
    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete