Thursday, December 6, 2012

Fail.

Last night's dinner was the very essence of the word fail.  Every thing that could of gone wrong....it did.  I was making Cajun Chicken Pasta which I have made twice before without incident (don't you love that! icing on the cake I swear).  Anyways, I will admit to being a tad too confident and not carefully examining the list of ingredients or the directions like I usually do.  To begin with, I swore I knew exactly what I needed at the store without a list.  Wrong! I forgot the red onions, the green bell pepper and the right kind of tomatoes (or how about enough tomatoes, two is the same as four, right?).  No big deal I thought.  Once I started prepping, I realized I wasn't cutting anything the way the recipe suggests.  Oh well, right?! Then I started cooking the incorrectly cut chicken only to realize, I hadn't "minced" the garlic (actually I hadn't even taken out the garlic).  No biggie, right?! Well, when I went to get out the garlic press I realized that we never cleaned it from the last time we used it.  WHAT?!!!! Ew!!!! What were we thinking? I swear we have more manners and common sense than that and I swear we don't live in a pig sty.  Anyways, I didn't have time to clean out our mess, so I had to "mince" the garlic some other way.  Thennnn I couldn't get the wine open because we broke our wine opener a few months ago.  For some reason, I thought I could bang the cork in....I couldn't in case you were wondering.  In case your keeping track, so far we have scratched the green bell peppers, red onions and white wine.  Finally, I drove all the way to a different grocery store yesterday just to get the linguine noodles.  I grabbed two packs, so I would be more prepared for next time, clearly I am so on top of it :)  Well, when I went to boil my linguine noodles, I realized my "linguine" noodles were actually miniature noodles with some obscure Italian name.  Thennn I wanted to cry and quit cooking forever.  Really I ate it anyways.  Thank you Lord for parmesan cheese which can make anything taste good and thank you for giving me a husband who will eat anything I put in front of him.  Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment