Sunday, December 23, 2012

The End of an Era

Today I finally finished the Harry Potter series.  I know I am really behind.... My brothers and friends all read this series about twenty years ago.  I have been pressured to read them for years and I even read the first book a few years ago.  I really enjoyed it, but I just never got around to the second.  Then I felt like so much time had passed that I needed to read the first one again.  Well my 2012 resolution was to read one book a month, so after I finished the Hunger Games, I started the Potter Series.  I even got the husband hooked.  Although he is a slightly slower reader and is a few books behind, love you hubby :)  Anyways, I promised him once I finished the books we could start watching the movies (we seriously have been living under a rock....).  I can't wait! The books were amazing and I am glad I finished before Christmas, because I get sad whenever I finish books (not to mention series!) and that combined with post-Christmas depression would have been quite a combination.  Speaking of Christmas, we are officially off to do our rounds of visiting our families.  Merry Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment